Normally, I'm less than a fan of Brussels sprouts, but then I found the wonder of butter caramelized sprouts and, well, hooked I am. At the simplest, just saute your sprouts in butter until tender, with a light golden brown crunch on the bottoms.
Or we can get a little fancy.
- Pan for roasting (9"x13") works
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts in bite sizes
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) butter (not margarine), melted
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix butter and garlic in bottom of roasting pan,
- Form a single layer of Brussels sprouts along the bottom of the pan
- Sprinkle with the bacon crumbs.
- Cover pan
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until sprouts are soft
- Uncover, stir, and reform single layer
- Cook 5-10 minutes more
Makes ~ 4 servings